Posted on January 14, 2005
in Memes Poetry
It all started here. Below you will find ten first lines of poems. If you recognize the line, leave it on the list. If you do not recognize the line, then replace it with the first line of a poem that you do know. Highlight your changes in bold.
- Had we but world enough, and time,
- I never saw a Purple Cow
- Body my house
- Death, be not proud, though some have called thee
- Do not go gentle into that good night,
- What lips my lips have kissed, and where, and why,
- For authorities whose hopes
- That’s my last Duchess painted on the wall,
- My letters! all dead paper, mute and white!
- Hog Butcher for the World,
You can find all these poems at Poets.org using their first line search.