Posted on March 21, 2007
in Site News
The things we get done in hypomania! Sweet!
If I’ve been quiet today, it’s because I’ve been working behind the scenes to implement some new WordPress plugins. Most of these won’t affect your life visiting this blog visibly at all. A couple of them, however, deserve special mention:
- It is no longer possible to jam comments by writing long sentences with no spaces. Not that anyone has tried but there’s bound to be, someday, someonewhowriteslikethisbutonlylonger. That person is thwarted. (Get it here.)
- If you post an extremely long URL, it will be shortened. (Get it here.)
- I now have recent comments in the sidebar.
- You can sign up for your favorite feed with the click of a button.(Get it here.)
- You can receive email notifications of changes in a comments thread.(Get it here.)
- You can see (and buy) what I am reading/viewing these days.
- Your mother will be notified every time you think of moving from this site to Figleaf’s Real Adult Sex. (Just kidding. The technology is not yet available.)
While I am at it, here are the links for Identicon and SimpleTags.
I am looking for the following:
- A faultless comment previewer.*
A faultless way for people to receive email notification when comments are added to a thread.*
- A better intra-blog search function
- The perfect ginger beer.
Enjoy and watch for more additions!
*I’m not impressed with what I have seen so far.
You may have also noticed that I have changed the nature of the archives:
Instead of categories, I now use months. I stuck everything on an archives page! Ah, a sense of history.
Technorati Tags: WordPress, WordPress Plugin